Friday, October 10, 2008

Ray Wilsons Kettlebells Blog



This years Dog Brothers gathering went well. I am disappointed only having fought once on the day, but after the fight I took a coughing reaction to all the deep freeze spray that the guys use for bruised muscles and bones. Coughing and gagging for an hour made my throat, chest and guts wrench up and while I was scraping up all the last enthusiasm I had, I decided it wasn`t worth doing one more just to end up properly injured, so I accepted it and called it a day for that event. Disappointment was somewhat distinguished the next day when I was formally accepted into the Tribe. Happy Dog, am I!! LOL
Moving on, the one fight I had I was very happy with. I was in shape and confident when stepped up (bricking-it before hand though!). Some stick smashing, into clinch, and finished on the ground, both of us stick less!

Already training for next gathering! (tail wagging! LOL)

In building up to this event I had a training schedule that I was happy with. Training at my MA club, AMAG, regular runs and regular KB training. KB`s involved a daily "stacking" routine and then a high burn session 3 times a week, which was great.
The last two weeks I trained the long cycle daily that Steve advised, in place of my 3 times a week burn. The long cycle was a great burn, and in a different sense from what I`d been doing, so a welcomed change. I challenged myself two of my last training days by doing it as a double KB drill. One word..... f&%ked!! LOL, brilliant!

This Sunday sees me taking my first workshop for the AMAG members! The following week I`m beginning the weekly class there, which I`m really looking forward too. Once I make timetable arrangements, I`ll be opening to the rest of Aberdeen!

Rannoch has been a great help last few weeks. Full of inspiration and very encouraging!
Pat, my instructor, is very supportive and also a huge inspiration.
I`ll keep in touch and inform everyone as I go. Thanks again for your help, advice and teaching - I`m very happy to be training under the IKFF and Kettlebells Scotland banners!

Kettlebells Aberdeen, here we go!
Wuff! ;-)